Thursday, April 18, 2013

It's been a long time............... Sorry!!

Mercy!  It has been a long time!  But, I promise I have good reasons. :)

There have been way too many things going on in this medical household.  They are all exciting, and promise to serve as fodder for future blog posts, but HUGE life changes!  Well, actually, two of the four are life changes.... the other two just require venting (but I'm sure you can relate to them!).

In no particular order... (also a lie... why lead with the most exciting?!)

1.  Work (we all have this excuse, right?)
Ugh, work has been nuts.  March and April are the busiest times, with travel to conferences, events, a sales meeting, etc.  So far I've been to New Jersey, New Orleans, D.C., and then leaving this weekend for Boston, and then one more trip to Portland, OR.  (I had to think REALLY hard about where I've been... that's sad.  I'm sure I have missed a city...)

The good news is, thanks to all the travel, I have some handy dandy travel blogs coming up!  I am a master packer, and visit some awesome places. So it will be fun to share that with you.

2. DrH Work
Venting time.... I cannot WAIT for him to be done with Residency.  He only has few months left - last day is June 30.  I know he starts fellowship right away, but still!  Residency - DONE.  Behind us!  DrH is currently on week 3 of night shift work.  Have any of you experience this?  It stinks.  Between my travel and his work schedule, we've probably seen each other 8 hours total over the last few weeks.  But this is the last week!  Glory hallelujah!  Then in onto some other horrid rotation, but at least during the day time!

3. House
We're closing on our new house next week!  Gah!!!!!!!!  It's our first house, and we are over the moon excited!  Can't wait to show you pictures, and do projects, and decorate, and.... just be home!

A snippet -


4.  October brings a new little one!
We're expecting!  This has probably been the single biggest reason there have been 0 blogs in the last few months.  I'm completely overwhelmed by the idea I'm carrying around a baby!  It's just amazing to think that in October (my favorite month, season, and the calm before the holidays!) we'll have a little bundle of joy.  Just amazing!

Here is a pic of us on Easter Weekend, announcing to our families in the new nursery :)  Pardon the obnoxious flyaways and our matching team colors (not planned).


I'm 15 weeks now.  Thankfully, I've had a pretty uneventful 1st trimester.  I have had just a little bit of morning sickness.  Right now, though, my enemy is heartburn, and Tums are my weapon of choice.  But thankfully even that isn't a big deal!  Can't wait to share how things are going!

So with closing on the house next week, and then moving a week after that, and THEN finding out if we're having a boy or a girl the next week, things are crazy!  But it is just so exciting to watch these things unfold.

Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment