Thursday, February 7, 2013

Coffee Shop Thursday

Welcome to Coffee Shop Thursday! 

(Isn't the mug awesome??  What is it with mustaches that make me smile?)

Coffee Shop Thursday was started a few weeks ago.  I was getting desperate for some consistent "get away from work" time.  Consistent is the key word here.  I would have the best intentions to sneak away for some quiet time, but something would pop up.  You know, those pesky meetings that promise to be only 30 minutes, but drag on for almost 2 hours?  My day is full of those....

I finally decided that if I did not put it on my calendar, something would inevitably get scheduled on top of my plans.   So, a few weeks ago, I bit the bullet and scheduled one of those wonderful recurring appointments on my work calendar!  

Every Thursday, from 2:00 - 3:00, I have a date with myself.

It doesn't have to be a coffee shop, per say.  But it's the most relaxing place I can think of.  There is some sort of noise in the background.  I can acquire a hot beverage (a must!) because a hot beverage screams RELAXATION to me.  There's also plenty of seating.  Oh, and the fun music!

The point is simple - relax, give my brain a chance to reset in the middle of a busy work week, and give myself something to look forward to!  All I need is my fancy gold Starbucks card, my Kindle, and an hour.

I've done this now for the last two weeks, and I am SO looking forward to today's latest installment!

So, what about you?  What would you do?  Take a walk?  Schedule a stroll through Target (that sounds lovely, actually!)? Sneak in a nap in the car?  Whatever it is, get it on your calendar!  That way, you won't pass it over in case something more "important" pops up.  

Look forward to Coffee Shop Thursday each week!

Until next time!  Too-da-loo!
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment