Thursday, June 13, 2013

Coffee Shop Thursday

It’s time for another Coffee Shop Thursday – where I escape and have “me” time for an hour.  It’s the best work tradition I ever started!  Although a colleague and I are seriously considering implementing “Half Day Wednesday”.

Another reason for Coffee Shop Thursday is that, for whatever reason, my butt is currently protesting the constant 8 hours of sitting at the office – it is LITERALLY falling asleep half way through the day.  That’s nuts.  So getting up and at least walking to the parking lot helps wake it up!

This is the first time I’m getting out at 2:00 in a while… a few weeks back, I just couldn't wait until 2:00.  Other weeks there were just other things that popped up that needed to be done.  But today – sigh.  Bliss.

I’m having a hard time settling on a drink when I get to the coffee shop these days.  Limiting the caffeine intake because of the little one wasn't too difficult, despite my 4 or 5 mugs of black tea a day.  I managed to cut myself back to one cup of black tea a day (in the morning).  I may reuse that tea bag for a second mug of tea, but that’s not often.  And maybe once a week I have a full strength second mug of tea in the afternoon… I can’t help it.  But going to the coffee shop is different…. For some reason I feel like all the caffeinated products they carry are SUPER caffeinated.  They might not be, but that’s what I’m telling myself.

So I’m thinking today may be a soy milk decaf latte kind of day.  I sound so Californian….  I can order a Starbucks like the most seasoned barista, using the right terminology, thanks to our 4 years living in SoCal.  Just like this guy

Just kidding – I usually order in the most complicated way…

I’m toting my Kindle with me today for Coffee Shop Thursday.  I’m currently re-reading the Anne of Green Gables series of books.  They are so delightful!  I’m tempted to read out loud to my little girl (they can sort of hear at 23 weeks… but I imagine it sounds more like Charlie Brown’s teacher.).  Reading out loud will be mean I can’t hang out in the coffee shop…. Lest I come across really crazy!  I’ll need to find a cool, shady place to park my car and enjoy J

Schedule some time for yourself! Get out there!  

No comments:

Post a Comment