Friday, June 14, 2013

Bladder Punches and Stretch Pants

More than halfway there!!  Today marks 23 weeks along.  17 weeks until we get to meet our precious daughter! 

17 weeks until I become a sleep-deprived zombie………

It is so funny to think about the baby transition over the last 5 months.  Now that I’m 23 weeks, I actually FEEL pregnant (in a good way).  For the longest time, I was positive this was all some sick joke, and I wasn’t actually pregnant.  I didn’t look pregnant.  I didn’t feel pregnant.  And whenever someone asked how far along I am, they would seem unimpressed.

Thankfully, the first trimester was pretty easy!  I didn’t really experience much morning sickness.  Although, my DrH seems to remember a different first trimester.  If you asked him, he’d say “Katie was sick all the time!”.  We must have been in alternate universes, living side by side.

Over the last few weeks, I’ve noticed big changes.  First, I’m actually showing and looking pregnant, instead of just fat.  So that’s comforting.  And I’ve been feeling our little one kick more.  Nothing that’s too noticeable for DrH to feel, but I feel it!  I’ve had a few kicks to the bladder a few times.  Finally, the not so nice is my heartburn is raging!  I can’t eat anything without getting the burn.  This was apparently an issue for my mom with me, so there you go.  That explains it J

I’m resisting the urge to buy much maternity clothes.  I just don’t want to…. Thank goodness I’m a dresses kind of girl, because that’s honestly the most comfortable thing to wear right now.  I recently noticed, though, that I’m wearing the same 5 or 6 over and over… so today I had to bite the bullet and buy a few new ones from Target.  


My first maternity clothes purchase at 23 weeks.  Not bad!  I bought the same dress, but in a few different colors.  I am currently telling myself there is no need to buy anything else but dresses from Target.  They’re inexpensive, and I can easily dress up or down dresses.  PLUS I can wear them through Fall with tights, if needed. 



So woohoo!  I haven’t done a thing to the nursery yet, but I’ll share my plans for it soon!  I just haven’t had time to think about it.  We have nothing for this baby yet, so she’d better arrive on time and not early!

No comments:

Post a Comment