Wednesday, August 7, 2013

30 Weeks!


Woohoo!  I made it to the 30 week mark!

Thankfully, this has been a fairly easy (if memory serves me correctly!) pregnancy, compared to all the things that could make it horrible.  So, the things I'm grateful for at this 30 week mark:

  1. Energy - I haven't been too tired yet, but I'm sure as the last 10 weeks go by, that could absolutely change.  I managed to squeak in a 2.5 mile hike with my husband this weekend, all without a stumble AND I did not die.
  2. Weight gain - so far, I've managed to keep the weight gain to a reasonable level.  But, admittedly  I haven't been trying too hard.  At my doctor's appointment this week, I am just shy of the "gained 20 lbs" mark.  Sigh.... but thankfully the only place that seems to be ballooning is my stomach.  The tracker-trailer "BEEP BEEP BEEP" noise goes off whenever I make a turn.  But, hey! NO stretch marks so far!
  3. Outie - So far it hasn't, but I am terrified of my belly button flipping out on me... the situation is being constantly monitored.  I just don't think I can go on if it does flip.  Icky! But, I suppose if it does, I'll have the cleanest belly button ever before it goes back to an innie..... if I have to think of anything positive out of that situation.
  4. Done with work - my last day of work was July 31, so I'm officially a Stay-at-home-mom (or Kept Woman/Housewife until our daughter gets here)!!!  And the villagers rejoice!  The most common question I got my last few days of work - "What are you going to with all of your free time?".  Ha!  Free time indeed!  I haven't been this worn out in a long time!  I finally tackled all the remaining boxes from my DrH's pillage of his childhood room... we came back with 4 boxes of books!  4 boxes!? I'm stalking him to make sure he reads them all.

    But, seriously, in my free time I need to take care of all the organizing things in this new house that I haven't done yet (craft table, linen closet, laundry room.... and on and on and on), PLUS get ready for this little girl.  Truly, if she came tomorrow, I'd have to take myself to the hospital because DrH would need to run to Buy Buy Baby and pick up emergency supplies, including the car seat.  All the nursery has at the moment is a crib (with mattress, at least) and a changing table.  Nothing else.
  5. Summer heat/AC - I have been so shocked at our North Carolina summer!  It's been rainy (don't have to water the lawn!) and on the "coolish" side.  For North Carolina, that basically means 85 with 80% humidity, but, hey!  Better than 95 with 100% humidity!  But, that being said, I'm still grateful for the AC.
The one thing I'm not super excited about is that I am now in the "can't get comfortable to sleep" phase.  I swear, each night gives me a new challenge of how best to arrange the pillows.  Do I sleep more upright tonight?  Or should I grab a pillow to prop under my knees?  And I'm waking up right at midnight every night.  It actually makes me laugh... a sarcastic laugh.

So yay!  30 weeks!  Technically 10 weeks to go until October 11!

No comments:

Post a Comment